Instant Applications enable fast deployment of custom solvers on the Opalytics Cloud Platform(OCP). This is driven by the need to enable analysts to quickly create solutions that they can share with business users.
- Develop the solver (examples for optimization include: Gurobi, CPLEX/OPL, Lindo)
- Integrate your solver with Opalytics Data Library (ticdat)
- Deploy directly on the OCP through the instant applications interface.
- Upload data through Excel or other data formats
- Automatically identifies data problems, recommends fixes
- Geo-codes geographic data for map displays
- Run scenarios through dynamic solver deployment
- Analyze, compare and visualize solutions
- Once tested share with the business user for feedback
- Fix any problems and redeploy.
OCP makes it easy to create a workflow of different solvers. The most commonly used combination involves linking forecasting and optimization, or more generally, predictive and prescriptive analytics. A very specific custom optimization model required to achieve broad bottom-line results in price and promotion management. To see how we deployed this on the OCP as described in Three Steps towards Custom Analytics Deployment and demoed in the webinar and videos provided here.